Proposition of a New Vernam Chaotic Cipher
The One Pad Time is the only encryption algorithm known to be undecipherable. It is actually a cipher with the characteristic that the encryption key has the same length as the plaintext message. This algorithm was hoping for a strong commercial success, but the problem of the size of the keys will be fatal to it, except for specific military applications, which require an irreproachable protection. The fact that the key consists of a sequence of totally random characters is an essential condition for the security of the Vernam cipher (OPT). The surest way to respect this constraint is therefore to create the keys by exploiting the concept of insensitive sensitivity to the initial conditions of chaotic systems, which is a fundamental characteristic of dynamic systems. In this paper, we will try to make a new reading of this algorithm and to try to find a practical solution to the size of this key by introducing the concept of chaos to this realization.
Copyright (c) 2019 Malaysian Journal of Computing and Applied Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing with MyJCAM retain the copyright of their work under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). This license allows others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, provided that the original work is properly cited.
By submitting a manuscript for publication, Authors agree to the following terms.
- Authors will own the copyright to the Article.
- The manuscript submitted for publication is the author’s original work.
- Authors hereby grant to MyJCAM a free and unrestricted license to disseminate the Article electronically to anybody who asks for it.
- All authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted.
- The manuscript has not been published and is not being submitted or considered for publication elsewhere.
- The text, illustrations and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
- No responsibility is assumed by MyJCAM, its staff or members of the editorial board for any injury or change to person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence or otherwise of any methods, product instruction or ideas contained in this publication.