Image encryption by AES algorithm based on Chaos-Permutation
Today, in particular with the development of the internet, transmitting confidential information in a secure manner has become a basic need; data encryption is often the only effective way to meet these requirements. Traditional cryptography is the study of methods for transmitting confidential data; in modern cryptography, transformation is applied to the plain message that makes it incomprehensible; these transformations are mathematical functions, called cryptographic algorithms, which depend on a parameter called key. In this paper, we presents a new symmetrical crypto-system by block for encrypting images on using the encryption AES algorithm (Advanced Encryption Standard) combined with the CBC mode (Cipher Block Chaining) in order to improve the security level. The proposed crypto-system consists on replacing the linear permutation of ShiftRows step of the AES encryption algorithm by a nonlinear and random permutation, this permutation is calculated by a chaotic sequel.
Copyright (c) 2019 Malaysian Journal of Computing and Applied Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing with MyJCAM retain the copyright of their work under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). This license allows others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, provided that the original work is properly cited.
By submitting a manuscript for publication, Authors agree to the following terms.
- Authors will own the copyright to the Article.
- The manuscript submitted for publication is the author’s original work.
- Authors hereby grant to MyJCAM a free and unrestricted license to disseminate the Article electronically to anybody who asks for it.
- All authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted.
- The manuscript has not been published and is not being submitted or considered for publication elsewhere.
- The text, illustrations and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
- No responsibility is assumed by MyJCAM, its staff or members of the editorial board for any injury or change to person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence or otherwise of any methods, product instruction or ideas contained in this publication.