Secure MD4 Hash Function Using Henon
Keywords:MD4, Hash Function, Chaotic Maps, Confusion and Diffusion
Secure hash functions play a fundamental role in cryptographic and web applications. They are mainly used, in the context of digital signatures, to verify the integrity and authenticity of information, in recent years research have found weaknesses in a number of hash functions like MD4,MD5 and SHA-1 ,So in this paper a modified scheme of MD4 was proposed by replacing the original message index K and bit rotation S with new sequence using Henon chaos systems , this proposed scheme given high sensibility of any little change to the original message ,great statistical diffusion and confusion performance, high resistance to collision.
Copyright (c) 2020 Malaysian Journal of Computing and Applied Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing with MyJCAM retain the copyright of their work under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). This license allows others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, provided that the original work is properly cited.
By submitting a manuscript for publication, Authors agree to the following terms.
- Authors will own the copyright to the Article.
- The manuscript submitted for publication is the author’s original work.
- Authors hereby grant to MyJCAM a free and unrestricted license to disseminate the Article electronically to anybody who asks for it.
- All authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted.
- The manuscript has not been published and is not being submitted or considered for publication elsewhere.
- The text, illustrations and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
- No responsibility is assumed by MyJCAM, its staff or members of the editorial board for any injury or change to person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence or otherwise of any methods, product instruction or ideas contained in this publication.