Minimizing Cost of Transportation By Vogel’s Approximation Method: A Case Study of Maisango Cement Nigeria Plc
Keywords:Vogel Approximation Method; Optimal Solution; Least Cost Method; Northwest Corner Method
This piece of research was conducted to optimize the procedures of transporting and distributing of Cement products from MAISANGO Cement Plc to the require destinations which resultant to the reduction of operating cost of transportation problems that usually occurs due to the nature of bad roads to some selected locations in Lagos state- Nigeria. To minimize the cost, a mathematical optimization model (Vogel Approximation method) has been utilized to ease the processes of transporting the product to the various locations.
Copyright (c) 2020 Malaysian Journal of Computing and Applied Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing with MyJCAM retain the copyright of their work under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). This license allows others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, provided that the original work is properly cited.
By submitting a manuscript for publication, Authors agree to the following terms.
- Authors will own the copyright to the Article.
- The manuscript submitted for publication is the author’s original work.
- Authors hereby grant to MyJCAM a free and unrestricted license to disseminate the Article electronically to anybody who asks for it.
- All authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted.
- The manuscript has not been published and is not being submitted or considered for publication elsewhere.
- The text, illustrations and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
- No responsibility is assumed by MyJCAM, its staff or members of the editorial board for any injury or change to person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence or otherwise of any methods, product instruction or ideas contained in this publication.