A Novel Image Encryption Approach Using Polar Decomposition and Orthogonal Matrices
Keywords:Encryption, security, digital image, orthogonal matrix, polar decomposition, information
Information security is one of the important issues in the information age, image encryption algorithms have been increasingly studied to guarantee the secure image transmission over the internet and through wireless networks. In this article, we propose a new approach for image encryption based on polar decomposition and orthogonal matrices. This scheme offers good confusion and diffusion qualities. The proposed algorithm is shown to be secure against important cryptanalytic attacks (statistical attacks, sensitivity dependence, differential attacks, brute force attacks...), theoretical analysis and computer simulations both confirm that it has a high security level.
Copyright (c) 2020 Malaysian Journal of Computing and Applied Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing with MyJCAM retain the copyright of their work under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). This license allows others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, provided that the original work is properly cited.
By submitting a manuscript for publication, Authors agree to the following terms.
- Authors will own the copyright to the Article.
- The manuscript submitted for publication is the author’s original work.
- Authors hereby grant to MyJCAM a free and unrestricted license to disseminate the Article electronically to anybody who asks for it.
- All authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted.
- The manuscript has not been published and is not being submitted or considered for publication elsewhere.
- The text, illustrations and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
- No responsibility is assumed by MyJCAM, its staff or members of the editorial board for any injury or change to person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence or otherwise of any methods, product instruction or ideas contained in this publication.