Secure Hybrid Crypto-system AES/RSA on FPGA for Data Communication
Keywords:Diffie-Hellman, Hybrid cryptosystem, AES/RSA, Secure transmission, Virtex-5, FPGA
With the development of information technologies, our environment is surrounded by digital data that transit via networks. When data are important, they become vulnerable to external attacks which can be avoided by using cryptography which provides confidentiality, integrity and availability required to secure digital data transactions such as e- commerce, mobile telephony and Internet. This paper deals with securing data transmitted over a network composed by a server and several clients, where a security platform has been integrated into the server and embedded on an FPGA circuit. The protection of data transfer between clients is provided by hybrid cryptography combining symmetric and asymmetric cryptographies. The security of client-server communication is ensured by the AES protocol and the Diffie-Hellman key exchange protocol. To offer a good management of keys and their sharing, a dedicated system for generating keys is designed to fit with public key infrastructures. This system is a part of the server and has been implemented using JAVA language and executed on a computer. This communication system provides a Graphical User Interface (GUI) offering to clients ease and flexibility in transferring their data.
Copyright (c) 2020 Malaysian Journal of Computing and Applied Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing with MyJCAM retain the copyright of their work under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). This license allows others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work, provided that the original work is properly cited.
By submitting a manuscript for publication, Authors agree to the following terms.
- Authors will own the copyright to the Article.
- The manuscript submitted for publication is the author’s original work.
- Authors hereby grant to MyJCAM a free and unrestricted license to disseminate the Article electronically to anybody who asks for it.
- All authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work.
- All authors have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted.
- The manuscript has not been published and is not being submitted or considered for publication elsewhere.
- The text, illustrations and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
- No responsibility is assumed by MyJCAM, its staff or members of the editorial board for any injury or change to person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence or otherwise of any methods, product instruction or ideas contained in this publication.